Spectators are allowed in the following areas along the race route:
- Anywhere downtown along the route.
- Near the Riverboat (PARK AT JOHNSON PARK PARKING LOT ONLY – NO PARKING NEAR RIVERBOAT. WALK ACROSS THE BRIDGE..)
- Millennium Park – the new route allows traffic into Millennium Park via Vetran’s Memorial/Maynard.
- At the east end of Indian Mounds Road, walk in about 1/2 mile to the bike bridge.
- Park at John Ball Park and walk over to the Kent Trails trail head on Butterworth near the 7-mile mark. Then walk under the overpass and into the Kent County Parks office area where you’ll see half-marathoners at the 10-mile and marathoners at the 23-mile marks.
That’s really about it, unless you’re on a bicycle. Then you might want to go to Millennium Park for a few minutes early in the race. Closed roads make it hard to get to much of the course – i.e. lousy for spectators, but great for runners because there’s no traffic.