HELEN DEVOS CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL
GRAND RAPIDS KIDS MARATHON
Kids Marathon Runners and Families:
FREE Registration Opens: August 1, 2017
Important Dates: Kickoff Run August 7, 2017 at Millennium Park
Kid’s Marathon: Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 1:30 pm.
As Parents and Guardians, it is important to make running fun for children. When they are having fun, they are more likely to continue what they are doing. So go out and make every run a fun run.
- Have fun yourself;
- Be ready to laugh and enjoy the moment, whatever the moment brings ;
- Start with running in different places as often as possible, including a few unusual places where kids wouldn’t think of running;
- Keep changing the focus by running on a trail one day and going to a track the next;
- Have a special holiday run;
- Go to a local pool or lake on a hot day;
- Set up a playground obstacle course;
- Plan a Scavenger Hunt Run in a local park;
- Have a pajama run or a flashlight run; and
- Try the running version of Red Light, Green Light or Simon Says.
When you are finished with your run, have the kids greet each other by giving each other high-fives and chest bumps and encourage each runner to cheer for each other.
“Like” us on our facebook page to keep up on important event information.
Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, our Title Sponsor
|Life EMS Ambulance||Grand Rapids Public Library||Klackle Orchards|
|Catholic Charities West Michigan||Culver’s||The YMCA|
|Metro Health Sports Medicine||Kent District Library||Transnation Title Agency|
Jan Host – Race Director
2017 Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital
Grand Rapids Kids Marathon