Kids Marathon Runners and Families:
Are you ready for summer, sunshine and outdoor fun?
Watch the upcoming newsletters and our facebook page for the kickoff of the 10TH ANNUAL HELEN DEVOS CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL GRAND RAPIDS KID’S MARATHON to be held at Millennium Park on August 8, 2016.
Mark your calendars for the event to be held on Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 1:30 pm. Share your experience of last year with all your friends and encourage them to participate this year.
Registration is FREE and opens August 1, 2016.
With the school year coming to a close, graduation parties to attend, family reunions, weddings, outdoor parties – here in Michigan we take advantage of the beautiful weather and enjoy the outdoors. Sometimes it is difficult to continue to eat healthy and exercise daily. Keep these tips in mind:
• go for the lean cuts on sandwiches, burgers, dogs and brats
• avoid bread and buns
• load on the salsa in place of ketchup and mustard
• go for the fruit in place of the potato salad
• drink sparkling waters versus soda pop
• try to fit 30 minutes of some type of cardio exercise in your daily routine
• jog around the track at the family soccer meet
• have swimming races at the lake or your local pool
• go out for a family bike ride at least once a week
• get the family involved in yard work, mowing, weeding, edging, raking and plantings
This would not be possible without the support of our sponsors:
Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, our Title Sponsor
Life EMS Ambulance Grand Rapids Public Library Klackle Orchards
Catholic Charities West Michigan Culver’s The YMCA
Metro Health Sports Medicine Kent District Library Transnation Title Agency
Jan Host – Committee Chair
2016 Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital
Grand Rapids Kids Marathon Committee